Welcome to the SLAMROCK PERFORMANCE PROGRAM, a year-round after-school and summer program that enrolls ages K-12 through age 19. Students meet weekly for 2-hour group lessons given in the form of rehearsal sessions. Each session has up to 16 students called a 'Crew'. If you attend on Tuesdays at 6 pm, you're a Crewmember in 'T6 Crew'.
LIFE LESSONS THROUGH MUSIC
In addition to learning how to play in a band, Crewmembers are empowered with the life-lessons of self-reliance, time management, generosity, mutuality and cooperation/teamwork.
INDIVIDUALIZED LEARNING IN A GROUP SETTING
Crewmembers learn at their own pace with more experienced musicians pulling-up less experienced ones with no one being held back from achieving. Each student is challenged to overcome obstacles, gain confidence and be inspired by one-another and our mentors, while performing quarterly showcases as they learn how to be good and reliable bandmates.
INDIVIDUAL REPERTOIRE DEVELOPMENT
When a Crewmember is confident that they can play the song form; the intro, verses, choruses, solos and bridges, to get a new song, they ask to pass off on that song with our staff who let the Crewmember(s) know if they are playing their part correctly enough to earn a next song.
EVERYONE GETS PULLED-UP & NO ONE GETS HELD-BACK
Once the Crew reaches 18 members, the session is beyond capacity and the a new session will be offered to make room for everyone. Currently, we are looking at expanding to a Monday 4 pm Crew, and have made tentative arrangements for this with several families.
HOW IT WORKS...
Each Crew performs seasonal shows every 13 weeks.
Show dates are at this link.
GET THE SLAM APP TODAY!
SAFE, MODERATED SOCIAL/MUSIC NETWORKING FOR STUDENTS & PARENTS AT THIS LINK
• Supports teacher, student and parent privacy communications for updates, learning materials and more.
• Supports parent, teacher and student privacy. No email, text or phone number-sharing required.
• Supports carpools, birthday parties, parent groups, BBQs, blogs and fundraisers.
• Supports SLAM growth because Email, text and social media are not scalable or safe for younger kids.
SLAM APP & DESKTOP LOGIN TO GET THE BIGGER PICTURE
Once you have your parent and Crewmember's profile made on the SLAM app, use your desktop or laptop to see the bigger picture at SLAM
YOUR PRIVATE LESSONS AND PERFORMANCE PROGRAM
• A good teacher will teach you how to learn the songs on your own, not teach them to you.
• Learn as best you can on your own and then ask your teacher for help when you get stuck!
• A good teacher will use the song to teach you the theory and technique in that song.
• Lessons with SLAM teachers will give you more success in this program. Not required. Just a fact.
• You must be in instrument lessons to be in PP, or be excused from taking lessons by PP staff.
• Learn 1 song monthly, at minimum. 2 songs monthly is average. We do not limit your learning.
• Students who do not learn at least 1 new song monthly may be asked to step-dewn to the Core Program.
• SLAM does not reward talent. Talent is not fair, so SLAM rewards individual progress.
YOUR 'BURNOUT SONG' IS ANOTHER KID'S 'TREASURE SONG'.
For example, if you have been playing the super-popular beginner rock song, Nirvana's 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' for a couple of seasons, and new, younger student is going to play that song next, please encourage the younger Crewmember to learn that song so that they can relieve you.
WANT MORE? HERE ARE OUR OTHER ROCK MUSIC PROGRAMS:
SUMMER FESTIVAL PROGRAM - An audition-based add-on program to the Performance Program. Festival dates work around family vacations. $75 monthly.
FREE STUDIO TIME - Call 801-577-2263 start a band, jam, write and have fun with SLAM friends!
SUMMER CAMPS - Summer camps in performance, songwriting and recording.
Each season, SLAM gives three award certificates:
GOODNESS OF SPIRIT AWARD: Awarded to the crewmembers who brings a great attitude, selfless service and 'good vibes' to the Crew.
MOST PROGRESS AWARD: Awarded to the crewmember who overcame the most obstacles in a season to make the most progress!
BEST STAGECRAFT: Awarded to the crewmember who helped turn a set list into a show the most in the last Showcase!